18 Feb CatalogExpress reaches new dimensions: B2B data delivery in all directions
CatalogExpress has grown extremely, reaching new dimensions never seen before. The possibilities in B2B data delivery for the users as well as the easy and fast implementation offer enormous flexibility for us and our customers and new customers. Our software solution for the creation of data standards (e.g.: BMEcat, DPB, etc.), of individual electronic catalogs for eProcurement, association and customer platforms as well as the connection to marketplaces (such as mercateo, Unite, Amazon) thus sets you up for the future successfully as a customer. CatalogExpress supports you in the next step in eCommerce and digital transformation and continues to focus on B2B processes.
We are incredibly proud and happy about this milestone and enjoy every day what we have created and the many ideas that we continue to develop for our customers. But feel free to see for yourself.
We have used the experience gained in discussions with partners, interested stakeholders and in the projects with our customers for the further development of CatalogExpress. The challenges for companies, particularly in product data management and eCommerce, are many and varied. CatalogExpress now supports the post-product information management processes of a PIM even more closely and results in an optimization of the data processes. We have further expanded our focus on a clear and appealing graphical user interface and continue to enable task distribution between IT or eBusiness and sales or customer management.
Data integration and using from multiple data sources
Many times, product data managers need to bring together or copy data for customers, marketplaces, or other platforms from multiple systems or Excel files. Data syndication and integration in CatalogExpress makes it easy to merge data from different sources.
- Predefined standard interfaces to e.g. Pimcore, Viamedici, Contentserv, STIBO enable an easy connection.
- Other PIM systems, ERP systems and DAM systems can be added via simple configuration
- Excel and XML files as data sources or import files can be added independently by our customers.
- Automatic (real-time) query of existing attributes and structures from data sources
- Clear graphical overview of all main sources, sub-sources and attributes
Advantage summary of data integration: Easily merge raw data from multiple different source systems and source files via standard interfaces and configurations in a visually appealing interface.
Standard file formats, marketplaces and individual data
Different target channels, whether they are marketplaces, B2B customers, procurement platforms, stores, etc., have different requirements and should be processed individually in each case. Only through the individual data preparation for the target channels with product data content can the optimum be extracted from the channels. To this end, Excel files, BMEcat files and other derivatives can be easily configured and adapted with CatalogExpress. Pre-defined formats and feeds for marketplaces support the user in this process. In addition, individual data structures can be easily created.
- Already existing format templates for BMEcat 1.2, BMEcat 2005, ETIM, DPB Bau-Branchenstandard, FAB-DIS, Conrad out of the box (more in progress)
- Easy extension and adaptation of formats are possible
- Excel, XML, JSON files freely configurable by customer for any other formats
- Feed management among others for Amazon (products, prices, stock, images)
- Integrated Shopware 6 Connector
- Creation of various individual data structures for customers, marketplaces and platforms possible
Advantage summary on export formats: Create data standards and freely configurable data structures through the use of customizable elements and without programming.
Simple mapping and complex modifications and optimizations
The biggest challenge in creating an export, feed, or other Excel file is quite often the mapping. CatalogExpress supports the process of mapping your own attributes to the attributes of the data recipient with a side-by-side view of the source attributes and target attributes. With two clicks, the corresponding attributes are already linked. Often, additional modifications and optimizations of the attribute’s values are necessary. In this case and in cases of dependencies, attribute mergers, to name a few, CatalogExpress offers more than 70 rules and functions that support the customer in the data transformation.
- Side-by-side view of source and target attributes in a graphical user interface
- Simple mapping by selecting the relevant sender and receiver attributes
- Simple data modifications and data optimizations by the customer with the help of more than 70 rules and functions
- Independent creation of additional attributes in standard formats
- Creation of completely custom data formats in XML, JSON, Excel or CSV
Advantage summary on mapping: Multifunctional graphical interface for simple mappings and complex data modifications.
Article selection and product selection for B2B data delivery
In addition to the correct mapping of the customer’s own attributes and data structure, the marketplace or data standards, the selection of article is another channel-dependent decision in B2B data delivery. CatalogExpress supports multiple selection processes by the customer. For example, the article definition can be taken from a source from which the attributes are also supplied. Likewise, additional sources (e.g. ERP systems) can be added, in which the product listings are already maintained by the sales department anyway. In the case that the information is not maintained in any system, an Excel file can simply be used as the basis for the article portfolio.
- Article selections in existing source systems
- Separate source for article selection (e.g. ERP)
- Excel file for article selection
- Product selection is possible by the responsible sales and eCommerce employee
Advantage summary for article selection: Flexible consideration of product selection as well as integration of sales into the process.
Data distribution via mail, SFTP, API and co. at any possible time
Once the data has been linked and the product portfolio defined, the various data recipients each require a different type of data transfer. For marketplaces, API interfaces are usually available for B2B data delivery. And for procurement platforms, often an upload to (S)FTP servers is necessary. In other cases, data transfer via e-mail to specific addresses is required. The time of data dispatch can be at any time – even at night and in an automated way.
Individual distribution channels for the delivery of data to almost any system are also possible.
- Data transfer to (S)FTP server
- Data transfer to e-mail address that can be stored
- Use of API interfaces
- Schedulable data delivery (several times a day, weekly, monthly or yearly)
Advantage summary for distribution: Data delivery to your data recipients via the required path at the required time through self-dependent configuration.
What’s next on the roadmap
We still have a lot of plans and the roadmap is not getting any smaller. The more we think about B2B data delivery processes, our customers’ requirements and market characteristics, the more ideas we have that we add to our roadmap.
Would you like to know more about one of your benefits? Are you missing a feature or information? Would you like to get to know CatalogExpress?
Our existing customers will be contacted shortly by the corresponding account/project management. However, you are also welcome to contact them or Fabian Fischer directly using the known contact details.